1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Personally Identifiable Information – Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific user. When you engage in certain activities on a FanTogether website, such as creating an account, ordering a product or service from us or our partners, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums, entering a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by us or our partners, filling out a survey, posting a review, sending us or our partners feedback, requesting information about our services, submitting an affiliate agreement, applying for a job, posting a video or signing up for special offers from third parties through our websites, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. We may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, telephone number and date of birth. When you order products or services, we may also ask you to provide us with your credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information – Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific user. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator of the website you visited before coming to our website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving our websites, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol address. We, and/or our authorized third party services providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you visit our website. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer our websites, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers and advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
- Information you provide – When you sign up for FanTogether services, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other FanTogether services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access FanTogether services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to FanTogether, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data – FanTogether offers location-enabled services, such as Doaddr. If you use those services, FanTogether may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number – Certain services may include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to FanTogether when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services;
- Protect the rights or property of FanTogether or our users;
- If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use; and
- FanTogether processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
2. Information Sharing
- We will not give, share, sell, rent, or trade your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
- We may share your information with FanTogether Merchants. From time to time, we provide offers from particular merchants (referred to as “FanTogether Merchants”) who, as part of the offer, request information on FanTogether customers who purchased the offer in order to aid redemption. In those cases, we share some of your Personally Identifiable Information with FanTogether Merchants. Sharing this Information may allow a FanTogether Merchant to market directly to you should they choose to do so. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such FanTogether Merchant. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with you for the purposes of the specific promotion with FanTogether, we do not have any responsibility for the actions of the FanTogether Merchant, and the actions of the FanTogether Merchant are not in our control.
- We may share your information with authorized Third Party Service Providers. We provide services and products through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Service Providers to fulfill orders, deliver packages, send postal or email, administer contests or sweepstakes, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate our websites, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from individuals and companies (“Affiliates”) with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you order a service, we release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the service and, if applicable, release your address to the delivery service to deliver the service. Likewise, we may release an Affiliate’s information to our bank to send out a payment. We encourage FanTogether Merchants and Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
3. Information Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to FanTogether employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our websites, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
4. Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use FanTogether’s services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and allow you to either correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
5. Data Tracking
Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our website pages and promotions, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our Affiliates and/or marketing partners for the same purposes.
6. Other Terms
Children. Minors under the age of 18 may not use FanTogether’s services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and no part of our services are designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. FanTogether does not sell products for purchase by children. In certain instances, we sell children's products for purchase by adults.
Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States. By using FanTogether’s services, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.